Questions and Answers that may be Helpful
What is in stock now?
- We aim to have beef available year round, but we occasionally sell out of certain cuts. The best way to check and see what we have is to email email@example.com and ask. We can reserve the order and set up a time to come by the farm or meet us at a farmers market.
- Lamb is seasonal for us. It is normally available during fall and winter.
Can I come by the farm? Can we see the animals?
- Absolutely. Please call or email to set up a time. We are not always at our home farm. We board horses at our farm in Beaverdam. The cattle and sheep are on farms that we lease. One of the larger farms is in Louisa County and the other is in Orange County. We check on these farms frequently and could meet you to show you our cattle grazing.
Where are your products for sale?
- To buy individual cuts, coming to our farm in Beaverdam or meeting us at a farmers market are the best way to buy our products. We go to the Ashland farmers market on Saturdays and we are looking for a mid-week market also.
- To pick up bulk orders, call to set a time to come by.
How does ordering a quarter or half steer work?
- Call if you have any questions, but send an email when you are ready to order. Sometimes we have a waiting list, but we can normally fill an order in a month or two. If you order a quarter steer, we have a standard way of cutting the beef. If you buy a half or a whole steer, we will cut the beef to your specifications.
- We price the beef on the finished weight, so we will have the final price once we have it back from the butcher. You may pay when you come to our farm to pick up. Bring coolers to transport your order back home.
What forms of payment do you take?
- We take cash, check or cards. We charge the 2.75% processing fee to you if you use a card.